Here's what Respawn community manager Abbie Heppe answered to some questions of MK Gaming.
- Will there be any character and/or Titan customisation elements? If so, are you able to go into any detail about what we can expect at launch?
No details yet, sorry!
- The demo at E3 was a 7v7 match, will the final game also be 7v7 or will it vary from mode to mode? Also, are you able to give us any details on the different modes available?
We haven’t locked a final player count, it’s definitely part of the balancing our designers do all the time. There will be other modes in the game as well, but for now we’re focusing on Campaign Multiplayer.
- Will there be any levelling system? For example, weapon unlocks and upgrades, ‘perks’ and the like?
Progression is definitely a part of what we’re doing, but I don’t have the details for you yet.
- We’ve heard that Titanfall will harness the power of the cloud for dedicated servers but it’s also been said you’ll be offsetting some of the processing to the cloud, can you go into any detail about how that works? If someone has a laggy/unreliable connection how will that effect their experience?
We are planning on going into detail on this shortly. I’m not an engineer so I’d rather one of them takes this question. If you look at the “Second Skin” feature on Polygon one of our engineers goes into some
detail about Cloud’s capabilities.
- Will there be any class based combat? If so, will there also be different types of Mechs available?
There are other playable characters and Titans in the game, but we aren’t showing those yet.
- When will Titans be available? Is it one per life, one per match, does it work like a killstreak or is there another way of earning them?
So Titans are available throughout the match and are set to a timer. You can decrease the amount of time it takes to call in a Titan by completing objectives and getting kills. Once you lose your Titan the countdown starts again. It is possible that everyone in the match could have a Titan on the battlefield at the same time.
The interview reveals very awesome stuff about the upcomming Respawn game.Personally can't wait for Titanfall to be released as it will be one of the biggest games of Q1 2014.